As a church sponsored organization, the Hillside Arts Academy seeks to provide an atmosphere that reflects the beliefs and values of the Christian faith. It is a requirement for those employed by the Academy to profess a Christian faith. Each private music lesson, class and/or musical rehearsal will have a Faith-Based component through a curriculum all instructors will be required to facilitate.
Our Mission Statement
Through private music lessons, classes and productions, the Hillside Arts Academy seeks to provide a high standard of musical and artistic instruction while promoting Christian values and beliefs.
Music Lesson Facts
- One half hour lesson a week on the Hillside Campus
- Hours of Operations: Tuesday-Wednesday from 3:30-6:00pm & Thursdays from 3:30-7:00pm
- Music Lesson Areas: Bass, Brass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboard, Strings, Woodwinds and Voice
- Each semester includes one Make-Up Week for excused lesson absences
- Each semester concludes with a series of showcases that feature all students on their learned instruments
- A musical theater workshop called Broadway Bound Junior and Bootcamp for ages 6-17 and KinderCreate - an Intro to Arts class for ages 4-5.
- All classes take place on the Hillside campus
- The semester will conclude with a Showcase where classes can present numbers and/or scenes they have learned.
Seasonal Musical Production Facts
- Musicals are tentatively planned to be held in the Spring and Fall of each year.
Summer Arts Camp Facts:
- Camp is held one week out of the summer - usually in the month of July.
- Students take part in a fun, high-energy Morning Program focusing them on how to honor God through their art. They then particpate in lessons or classes and after a lunch break they get to hear and ineract with special guest artists from the industry. After that, students are back to the challenge of preparing a song, scene or piece for the big SHOWCASE at the end of the week on Friday.
- Students choose one of the three tracks offered: Band (musical instruments or singing), Musical Theater (singing, dancing and acting) or Visual Arts (painting, drawing along with graphic design, video production and photography for older students).
- Fun extras to the week are Band/Group photoshoots, headshots, recreation time - including a water day and MORE!!